Pine Grove Area
Youth Soccer Association
Serving the youth of Pine Grove Area School District; Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Update from our Parent Organization:
On Thursday evening, the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Board of Directors and senior staff held an emergency meeting to discuss Governor Wolf’s recommendation on the postponement of youth sports. The Governor and Department of Health “strongly recommended” but did not order or mandate a cessation of soccer and has left the decision up to the local governing authorities. After thoughtful discussion, the board was unanimous in its decision to continue to sanction youth soccer activities for the 2020-21 season. These sanctioned activities include team training, scrimmages and competitions.
We have complied with the directives of the Governor and the Department of Health throughout the entire pandemic. The guidance provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the CDC as well as US Soccer, US Youth Soccer and the US Olympic Committee has allowed us to carefully and cautiously proceed towards restarting our soccer activities. Since the allowances of camps in the Yellow Phase, and the guided stages of restarting in the Green Phase, we believe our community has carefully followed state guidance and has shown great care and respect for the children we serve as well as the parents, coaches, referees and other volunteers that make up our association.
Each of our members has appropriately followed the guidance of the Commonwealth in educating their families and staff and creating action plans and protocols for a safe return to play. Safety is always our primary concern. In addition, we have consistently understood the position of anyone uncomfortable with returning to play. Each individual and organization must assess the risk and make their own determination. To again reinforce that sentiment, if you are uncomfortable and choose to sit out this season, we respect that decision and welcome you back at such a time that you are ready.
We continue to advise you that there are still risks and possible exposure to COVID-19. Should the Governor order a postponement or suspension we will comply. Until such a time, we must continue practicing the necessary mitigation strategies of wearing a mask, social distancing and minimizing spectators and so forth. We also share with many of you, that the aspects of physical activity and mental health for our children are quite important, and that their participation in sport can be a positive contribution to their well-being.
We have recently updated our webpage with additional resources and an FAQ page. We have also created additional resources regarding quarantining and tracing, in direct cooperation with the CDC and the Montgomery and Chester/Delaware County Health Departments. Please be sure to keep your websites and action plans updated. Transparency and communication are an equally important strategy for us to safely run programs this season. With the utmost diligence, caution and care, Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer can continue on the path to play this season.
PGAYSA Fall 2020 Season Information
We are excited to begin the Fall 2020 season! Please review the following Health & Safety Protocols and discuss these with your child. Thank you for your cooperation!
1) Each player should bring their own water bottle labeled with their name and should not share with teammates.
2) Players should bring their own ball, and it should be sanitized after every practice / game.
3) Players may not share goalkeeper gloves or jerseys. Gloves should be sanitized after every practice / game.
4) Parents should screen their child prior to taking them to practices / games. Players should not attend practices / games if they are sick or have a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
5) Players should not shake hands, give high fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.
6) Players should remain 6 feet apart when on the sidelines and not actively participating in the sport. Players in the Lebanon / Schuylkill leagues should bring a face covering to all games. Referees may instruct players to wear a face covering while on the sidelines.
7) If a player or anyone they live with tests positive for COVID-19, this must be reported immediately to Sarah Reichelt (PGAYSA Board Member). Players will be required to provide Sarah with a doctor's note stating when they may return to soccer.
8) Parents and spectators should follow CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines regarding face coverings and social distancing. No alcohol or tobacco use is permitted at PGAYSA activities.
9) All players must have a signed Communicable Disease Agreement on file. If you have not already completed this, please follow the steps below to complete this for your player. Please note that the GotSport registration system does not work with Internet Explorer. We recommend using the Google Chrome or Firefox web browser.
Scroll to bottom of screen and click "Sign in to Account"
Enter the email address and password that you used to register to your child
Click "Register" beside your child's name and select "Player"
Scroll to bottom of Profile Information Screen and click "Save"
Click blue "Start" after Communicable Disease Agreement
Scroll to bottom of Communicable Disease Agreement and sign above the line using a computer mouse or finger (if using touch screen device)
Click the blue "Save" button then, "Continue"
Click blue "Select" at bottom of box titled NO FEE
Click blue "Checkout" box
If you have more than one child, click "Register someone else" and repeat steps above
Email Communication Announcement
If you are registered for our Fall 2020 Season and have not been receiving our emails, note that since moving to our new registration system, we will be using it to send our email announcements. In order to ensure you receive our important emails for the coming season, please add email@example.com or the gotsoccer.com domain to your safe sender list.
The following site provides instructions for adding an address or domain to the safe sender list of your email account for various providers:
Monthly meetings are open to anyone who is interested in helping the Pine Grove Area Youth Soccer Association.
We encourage parents of all players to attend meetings and get involved.
Last Thursday of the month at HH&L Firehall - 7 pm