Coaches should read and follow the Health & Safety Protocols required of PGAYSA coaches posted below:
1) Coaches should disinfect all equipment such as cones, goals, and flags after practices / games. Players should not handle this equipment.
2) Coaches should have hand sanitizer available at all practices / games.
3) Coaches should not allow players to share goalkeeper gloves or jerseys. Pinnies should be distributed to players as personal equipment or washed after every use.
4) Coaches should not attend practices / games if they are sick or have a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
5) Coaches should send players home from practice / games if they appear to be sick or report symptoms.
6) If a coach or anyone they live with tests positive for COVID-19, this must be reported immediately to Sarah Reichelt (PGAYSA Board Member). Coaches will be required to provide Sarah with a doctor's note stating when they may return to coaching.
7) Coaches should have a face covering with them at all times and wear it when they are not able to socially distance (6 feet apart).
8) Coaches should instruct players to remain 6 feet apart when on the sidelines and not actively participating in the sport.
9) Only one coach should attend to an injured player and should wear a face covering and gloves.
10) In order to assist with contact tracing, coaches should keep an attendance log for all practices / games. This should include players and volunteers.
11) Coaches should only use electronic whistles.
All coaches of the PGAYSA must read the following information. All forms at the links marked as *REQUIRED must be completed and saved in PDF format.
When using Apple IOS Safari to complete your clearances and training, the creation of a PDF file is available via the share menu. On all other platforms, it is suggested you use the Google Chrome browser, available at chrome.google.com, to complete your clearances and training. Certificates are required to be in PDF file format and the Chrome Browser includes a PDF printer to simply print to save your certificates for upload to the system.
While saving directly to PDF is more desirable, you may also take screenshots of your certificates and convert to PDF via the website jpg2pdf.com. This site allows you to upload an image, then convert and download a PDF formatted file for later upload to the system. It also allows multiple documents to be merged as required and described later.
New child protection laws have been enacted in Pennsylvania requiring our coaches and other volunteers to obtain clearances. Volunteers requiring clearances are those “acting in lieu of a parent” or having direct contact where they provide care, supervision, guidance or control of children or have routine interaction with children.
All adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must have clearances that include:
PA Child Abuse History clearance *REQUIRED every 60 Months
PA State Police Criminal Clearance *REQUIRED every 60 Months
An FBI Criminal Background Check *Required only if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years, use service code 1KG738
Volunteers not requiring an FBI check, and having been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years, must swear or affirm in writing using the form HERE, that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them. *REQUIRED
Upon completing the clearances and being accepted as a coach of the PGAYSA,
you must also follow the additional steps below.
(Visit https://www.epysa.org/pa-child-protection-laws/ for more details)
Concussion Training *REQUIRED Yearly
(Click HERE for instructions on how to register)
COACH Registration *REQUIRED Yearly
(Use the same login you used to register your kids.)
*REQUIRED - After registering, follow the following steps to complete required Abuse Prevention training and upload your Concussion Certificate and Clearances.
You must upload a head shot image to be used for your coaching pass. Please upload that image in your profile section by clicking "Choose File" under "Photo" on your Profile Page.
Click the "Dashboard" button at the top left to complete all of your training and upload your PA Clearances and the FBI Clearance/Affidavit of Compliance.
Click "More Info" next to each requirement on the right side of the page to complete your training or upload your certificate.
After clicking "More Info", click the "Submit New Report" button on each respective page to complete the requirement.
Coaches cannot be added to Team Roster until all training and clearances are complete and uploaded.
Clearances are required prior to the commencement of service.
Volunteers between the ages of 14-17 are NOT required to have clearances. Adults (18 and up) who only volunteer one time, are NOT required to have clearances.
Each organization must keep records of volunteer/employee clearances
All adults (Within the context of the new law) are “mandatory reporters.” Volunteers are not required to have child abuse training or certification, although it is recommended.
The clearances are good for 60 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations.
Volunteers who do not reside in PA have a 30 day provisional status, so long as they provide clearances from the state or country where they reside. Longer than 30 days requires the clearances stated above.
At present, the Child Abuse History Clearance may take 14 days for volunteers. The State Police records check is, or should be, instantaneous. Please plan accordingly.
The best resource for additional information is www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov
Additional Coach Information
For coaches wishing to further their soccer education, the "E" License is focused on delivering content and instructional methods relevant to coaching 9-12 year old soccer athletes in an 8v8 formation. The course is intended to be the initial license serving as a stepping-stone along the National Course Coaching Education pathway. More information regarding this course and upcoming schedules can be found at the following link:
Also, information regarding a mandatory coaching course for PGAYSA coaches will be coming soon. Please continue to check the web site often for updates.
Soccer Rules of the Game
2012 LVYSA Coach's Packet (See File Link Below)
U6/U8 Coaches Handbook (See File Link Below)
Soccer Drill Links